Over the past couple of days I’ve pulled up the last French climbing and runner beans along with the tomato plants, chopped them up then added to the compost heap. I found enough beans for a few more meals, and some which I’ll dry to save the seeds. I cleaned the bamboo canes and them put away by the shed. Both areas have been weeded and roughly forked over.
Further to my recent post about what to grow in the stone feature I’ve decided to try another red valerian (Centranthus ruber), (photo right).
I’ll let you know how it does.
The sunflowers have done really well this year and are still flowering as these photos, taken yesterday, show.
The photo on the left shows four flowers all growing off a long secondary stem. I’ve already collected, sorted and saved some seeds from the first flowers on this plant.
Have a good week, and take care!