to empty out the compost bin yesterday, which was a job I had intended doing back in the spring but it was too wet. I’m taking it steady, and it should take a couple of more days or so. I’m completely emptying it as I want to make a few minor adjustments to the pallets which make up the sides. I swapped these for the original ones October last year, when I did the shed area, and they need realigning slightly so that the front removable one fits properly. There’s plenty of un-composted material to go back in, and once that’s all done I’ll be cutting the comfrey down again to add on top. It’s not that long ago I did this but as you can see it’s already grown again.
This nasturtium has grown alongside the log pile, and is well away from the others. I certainly didn’t sow any seeds in this area. I’ll leave it to self-seed and see if any appear there next year.
Take care, and have a good weekend!