I was preparing to do a major revamp on the shed and compost bin area. I did it early in October and a year on I’m pleased to say that I’ve not had to make any further adjustments or changes.
The blackthorn tree stump I finally cut back to just below ground level out of sight only a few weeks ago, but I’m not going to attempt to dig it out.
In case anyone is wondering the shed isn’t leaning as it looks like it is and is fairly level.
It was damp and dull for much of Thursday and Friday so I stayed at home. Since then it’s been mostly sunny but breezy and chilly.
Yesterday I cleared the remaining rhubarb stems and leaves which went on the compost heap. I then covered the crowns with a few inches of compost to keep them protected over the winter.
This morning I planted some crocuses in the stone feature and daffodils in a large pot. The sedum is starting to die-back in the middle of the clump so needs to be lifted, split and replanted which I’ll do next spring.
Take care, and have a good week!