Last autumn I was given a handful of daffodil bulbs, variety unknown, which I planted in a container rather than out on the plot. The first one flowered last week and as you can see they’re bi-coloured.
I like them and will decide later in the year whether to plant out or replant in a container again for next year.
Last year I also dug up most the assorted daffodils I had growing alongside the roadway and one of the varieties I replaced them with was Sweetness which have now flowered. They’re about a foot or so tall with small yellow flowers.
That just leaves the white flowering Thalia to come in a few weeks time.
At last the rhubarb leaves and stems have started to show and grow.
Although I went to the plot most days last week it was just to have a look round as it was windy much of the time, and gusting to well over 40 mph, with plenty of rain as well. Thankfully the plot and shed didn’t suffer any damage. It looks like being calmer, and drier, next week so hopefully I’ll be doing some plotting.
Have a good week!