Last Monday and Tuesday I planted out the rest of the onion sets. I have a few spares that I’ll use to fill any gaps where ones haven’t shown signs of growth in the next couple of weeks. It’s good to see that some of the ones I planted nearly two weeks ago are sprouting.
I also planted out the second early potatoes Charlotte, which as I’ve mentioned before are my favourite variety.
On Friday after a couple of non-plotting days, due mainly to unsettled weather, I spent a couple of hours pottering. There’s no sign of the broad beans which I sowed nearly three weeks ago so it’s looks like either mice have had them or they didn’t germinate in the cold, damp ground. I will sow some more this coming week and hope that they do better. Some first early potato Red Duke of York foliage has appeared which is pleasing to see.
Among the traditional yellow daffodils were these two doubly delightful ones. Sadly being tall and top heavy both had toppled over.
This morning I went across to the horticultural trading shed to buy a couple of bags of horse manure which I spread and dug into the area where I’ll be growing the climbing French and runner beans.
There’s some heavy rain due tomorrow evening, otherwise it looks like being a reasonable week so I hope to plant the second early potatoes Kestrel and sow some beetroot seeds.
Have a good week!