As I mentioned during December I wanted to rebuild the log pile and tidy up the surrounding area, including the washing up bowl pond.
I tackled the log pile on Sunday morning when I removed all the existing logs then rebuilt it using mostly new ones that I’d collected over recent months.
It was interesting to see the extent that some old ones had decomposed. There were plenty of creepy-crawlies such as centipedes and woodlice, as well as some fascinating looking fungi as shown in the pictures.
On Monday I made a few minor changes then turned my attention to the pond and surrounding area. I left the two teasels which are about a foot or so in front of the pond and there’s plenty of rosebay willowherb starting to re-appear. I may well also grow one of the sunflowers Mongolian Giant in this area.
Click on the link above if you want to see a picture of what it looked like before I started, and this is what it looks like now.
It’ll look better in the summer when the grass and plants have grown to partially cover and shield them.
March, and spring, has typically started off with a mix of cold, wet and windy weather so I’m thankful there were a couple good days when I could do this.
Have a good weekend!