Following last Sunday’s post it was rather surprising that I got to do some plotting every day Monday through Friday. I spent most of the first three days hoeing and weeding all round so that the ground is now ready for me to cover with the compost that I’ll be soon emptying out prior to digging, planting and sowing providing the ground is okay and the weather conditions good.
On Wednesday I tidied up the strawberry bed and hand forked round the plants. I will add a compost mulch after I’ve emptied out the compost bin.
It rained overnight Wednesday/Thursday so I just pruned the dogwood and Pretty Lady roses. I also re-staked the latter which had suffered slighty from wind-rock over the winter.
On Friday I pruned and and tidied up the blackberry bush and the raspberries. I also transplanted some Collomia grandifloria plants from Irish Brian’s adjacent plot where they always self-seed from my flower patch. I saw him earlier in the week and told him what I would be doing. He also gave me a packet of Red Baron onion sets which he’d got for me as the horticultural society aren’t selling them this year. That saves me having to faff around trying to grow red onions from seed as I was intending to do.
The robin kept me company all week, and at long last I managed to take a few good pictures of it of which this one is the best.
All in all it was a plotting good week.
At home I received some flower seeds from Twitter friend Shelagh in exchange for various seeds I sent her. I also got some unusual vegetable tubers to grow from blog friend Janet/Plantalicious. I’ll be doing a post about all these on Thursday.
Have a good week!