During last week I lifted the remaining onions, which are now all at home drying off before I store them to use through the coming months. I’ve also roughly forked over the area where I grew them.
I’m still lifting potatoes and was really surprised to find that all those on one Charlotte plant were so badly slugged that I had to bin them. Very strange as all the others were okay, thankfully. I’ve also roughly forked over about two-thirds of this area as well.
I’m now beginning to think about next year, and I’ve already decided what vegetables I’m going to grow and where.
After a poor start the nasturtiums have picked up and are now doing a lot better. I noticed this pale lemon one among the brighter yellow ones.
Sadly the white gladioli have just about finished but among a few others that I planted elsewhere is this raspberry ripple one.
I spent most of this morning dead-heading pot marigolds, as well as collecting some seed.
This coming week looks like being rather unsettled, with plenty of rain, so it doesn’t look like I’ll be doing much plotting.
Have a good week!
[Click on any picture to see a larger image]