Last Monday I pulled up the sweetcorn stems and after stripping the leaves off, which I added to the compost heap, tucked them under the blackberry bush. After I’ve emptied it at the end of February or early March I will crush them, with a brick or hammer, and lay criss-cross on the forked over ground then start adding to the new heap.
The grapes were a disappointment, as although there were more of them than last year they tasted nowhere near as good. I see that it was a poor year for them.
Typically I didn’t have the camera to hand when two parakeets perched on a nearby sunflower, or when a fox wandered onto the plot then stopped to drink from the dustbin lid pond. However I did catch up with it later on elsewhere.
Rather than use an ordinary A4 pad I’ve treated myself to a Pukka Pad Project Book. The tentative title is Tailspin, which I’m sure will aptly describe me at some stage. Further posts on my progress, or otherwise, will be over on Sofa flying.
Have a good week!