I sowed two lots of borlotti and runner beans but few of them germinated. One small consolation is that others, including plot neighbour Joe, had simlar problems. During the week he kindly gave me some surplus plants which we think are borlotti beans. The French climbing beans did germinate so hopefully I won’t be totally beanless this year!
There’d been a delivery of woodchip to the site recently so on Monday I put a good layer all around the raspberries and strawberries. That was after I’d weeded, composted and watered. I noticed that there are some flowers on the strawberries so I may yet get a few if I’m lucky.
Over in Glo’s garden one of their Canadian cousins seems to prefer hugging the roses.
Happy gardening! [Click on any picture to see a larger image]