yesterday which I spent on the plot. I deadheaded the pot marigolds which still have lots of flowers with more to come. I pulled up the French climbing beans which had died back and took down the supporting canes. I’ve kept a handful of beans to dry out so that I can use the seeds next year. The area where I grew them, near the middle of the top end of the plot, I dug over and weeded as that’s where I’m going to replant my hydrangea out of the planter that it’s in. Sadly it didn’t flower this year and I’m guessing that’s because it got badly frosted during May.
I’ve been on the look out for a better log seat than the one I’ve got and finally found one earlier in the week. As you can see it’s ideal being chunkier and taller The old one has been relegated to the log pile. On the right is the grape vine which I shall prune and train following Joe’s advice, and hopefully I may get some grapes next year!
It’s the Newton Park Horticultural Society show on Saturday which I’m looking forward to, and where I’ll be stewarding again as I did last year. I’ve been dithering about exhibiting anything and have finally decided to enter a couple of classes. One is for pumpkins where my mighty entry should provide a few smiles.
Have a good weekend!