last week than I have over the past few months!
Wednesday was overcast, but relatively mild, so after breakfast I went to build the new compost bin. I found that the original compost heap was ready to use so I spread it over the vegetable patch.
I worked steadily through the morning and, with surprisingly few problems, ended up with a bin that’s big and permanent. On Thursday I went back to apply a coat of green wood preserver so that it will blend in, especially once some grass and plants have grown along the front edge.
Next on the list was the new pond which I did on FridayI reckon that it’ll look okay once there’s some grass and flowers around the edge. I like the way the water sparkles in the sunlight and the wind ripples the surface.
Yesterday was a gloriously sunny, warm day which got off to a brilliant start when I said Hello again! to Fox Newton. I spent the morning doing some much needed tidying up all over the plot so that it now looks rather better than it did. Mind you that was only the start as there’s lots more to do to get it ready for planting and sowing.