Despite the weather being overcast, breezy and trying to drizzle on both Wednesday and Thursday I went plotting and was actually busy for a change!
On Wednesday I cut down the Comfrey, chopped it up and added it to both compost heaps where it will gradually work it’s magic. The plants will soon start to grow back and next year the flowers will again provide a feast for the bees, and other insects, before I start the cycle all over again.
A week or two back Joe’s brother-in-law, who has a half plot like me, kindly gave me a lot of Crocosmia that he’d dug up at home. I divided it up and planted it in a couple of places. I still know it by the old name Montbresia, which is what mum used to call it.
Last Sunday plot neighbour Graham mentioned that he was digging up a lot of well established Daffodils on his plot and to help myself if I wanted any. I forgot on Wednesday but John reminded me as I was packing up so that’s what I did on Thursday. I dug up five large clumps that I replanted around the plot. They, along with the ones already there, should provide some much welcome colour in the spring. I also planted a packet of that I’d been given. These are mini ones that only grow about 8″ tall.
I’ve been pondering on what vegetables to grow next year. On Thursday evening I placed an on-line order with MoreVeg, which does realistic quantities at affordable prices, and was recommended to me. I received an email on Friday that my order was in the post! I’ll do an entry on what I’ve bought another time.